Sunday, June 29, 2008

Fishing Report June 29th, 2008

It's been two weeks since my last report, I apologize for last week but family keeps me on the move as I'm sure all of you with children can attest.  We've been out on numerous Striped Bass charters the past couple of weeks, some big bass were out front early last week but it was difficult to stay with them as the Bluefish have arrived and the Mackeral are thinning out.  We did manage a dozen or so in the 36-44" range last week out past the MR Buoy and up towards Hampton Shoal Ledge.  Moving into the river has brings many schoolies with a keeper here and there, great fun for the kids and anybody looking for consistent action.  The Bluefish fishing is starting to pick up as they're becoming more prevalent in Ipswich Bay and on the frontside of Plum Island.  Two Tuna trips to Stellwagon Bank produced nada but the whale show was absolutely phenomenal.  I haven't seen bait or whales at the NWC like this in 6+ years.  I feel it's going to be an outstanding Tuna season and can't wait to get back at it.  I'll be off till after the Fourth so I'll post early next week on what I hear is going on as the Kelly Ann will be at her slip while I hit the road with family.  Then it's almost nonstop for the rest of the summer.  Hope all of you have a safe and happy 4th.  Till next week.
 
Capt. Mauro