Monday, September 1, 2008

August 31st, 2008

It's been and up and down week on the Kelly Ann.  We started our week with fantastic Bluefishing, some of the best Bluefish action I have ever seen and ended up not being able to troll up a School Tuna on Saturday's charter, first time I've had a Schoolie charter and couldn't produce a fish.  That was very frustrating, but I guess you can't hit em every time up...At least the Bluefish help save the day and there were plenty of laughs to go around...The Giant Tuna bite is really starting to pick up and we'll start to target them this week, if anyone is interested in trying to land one of these monsters just give me a call as it's a per person charter.  I'll also be running some open boat school Bluefin Charters in the coming weeks so again if interested give me a call or shoot me an email.  Sharks are here in good numbers and being September it's also time to go 'sharkin'....Cod/Haddock are still very productive and the dogfish (shhhhhhh) haven't been too much of a problem!  Til next week.  Tight lines.
 
Capt. Mauro